In this week’s Five Good Questions, we’re interviewing Betsy Atkins about her book Be Board Ready. Betsy Atkins is a 3-time CEO, serial entrepreneur & Founder of Baja Corp. Betsy is a corporate governance expert with an eye for making boards a competitive asset. Her corporate board experience is vast and covers multiple industries, she has served on over 27 public boards and been through 13 IPOs.
Five Good Questions (PART 1):
1. What is the best way to get on a board?
2. What are the right or wrong reasons for someone to want to be on a board?
3. What makes for an effective board member?
4. What role do activist investors play?
5. What’s the biggest mistake you see first time board members make?